D80sV #32: Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
Daily 80's Video #32: When I was a kid growing up in the 80's, to me, Howard Jones was the pinnacle of cool. In looking back at this video, a lot of his coolness seems, well, manufactured. Take that hair for instance. I thought that was the coolest hair back then. Now it seems like some record company style guru went ape-crazy on him, to, well, manufacture a pop star. You can't fault Howard Jones, he was a great musician and songwriter who happened to come out in the 80's. Nowadays, I don't even think he could be a pop star. And that's somehow sadder. Enjoy the crazy hair and clothes, the cult-member-like back-up singers, the random orange color motif, the equally random Charlie Chaplin impersonator, and even even more random, some karate dude, probably because Karate Kid was so popular during this time. I especially like it when the karate guy hits himself in the head with the nun-chucks, which is what I did, or worse, every time I used them.
How I went from $8 a day to over $800 a month using Google Adsense.
- ► 2017 (24)
01/27 - 02/03
- D80sV #36: The Romantics - Talking In Your Sleep
- D80sV #35: Blue Oyster Cult - Burning For You (Liv...
- D80sV #34: Aztec Camera - Deep And Wide And Tall
- D80sV #33: 10,000 Maniacs - Trouble Me
- D80sV #32: Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Bett...
- D80sV #31: Toto - Rosanna
- D80sV #30: Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
- ▼ 01/27 - 02/03 (7)